If it’s your first time being a mom, then there are plenty of firsts that you are going to experience soon. One such first is tying a baby wrap. You might have heard terms related to it like a ring sling, infant wrap or baby gear. There is also a high probability that you might have heard them from the old moms.
Basically, you wrap your newborn child in a piece of cloth around your body so that you can do other chores while having your baby with you. A baby wrap is quite handy for working women. So, if you are wondering how to wrap your baby, then you can follow the instructions given in this guide to help you out with that.
Baby wraps are beneficial for women who want to look stylish while looking after their babies. Also, among all the carriers, it is the most comfortable one. You can follow the instructions ahead to tie a baby wrap on you.
- Take the wrap and find its centre and place it under your chest area.
- Take the right side of the wrap behind from underneath your right arm. Do the same with your left-hand side.
- Take the right corner of the wrap and bring it in the front from over your left shoulder.
- Now take the left corner of the wrap and bring it over your right shoulder. Doing so will make an X on your back.
- Take the left side fabric and tuck it in the centre. Do the same thing with the right side of the fabric to form an X in your front.
- Tie the wrap around your waist. Make sure that you have left a comfortable space for your baby and that your baby can easily fit into the wrap.
- Once you have taken care of the space for the baby, double knot the wrap.
- Pick your baby and keep him in front of you. Make sure your baby is facing you.
- Pass the baby’s legs through both the panels of the X that you made in front of you.
- Now pull the panel that is inside over your baby to secure the position. The inner panel that you have just taken out and over your baby will cover your baby’s back portion completely, securing him in one place.
- Lastly, take the bottom piece of the wrap and tuck it under your baby’s knees.
You can wrap your baby like this over any kind of outfit. However, t-shirts will suit you the most. If it’s winter, then you can throw an oversized coat over you for going out after you wrap your baby.
So this was a brief guide on how you can tie a baby wrap around you and securely put your baby into it. You can buy a baby wrap carrier at Bubba Bump. They provide the best quality fabric that can hold your baby securely.